WSHS Career Resources
- ACT Profile – Search careers and interests based on your ACT profile.
- American Airlines Career Opportunities
- Military Info – Learn more about a career in service
- Alternative Military Information – Thinking about joining the military? Here’s information you need to know from veterans about the military and what recruiters won’t tell you.
- Apprenticeships – Research available apprenticeships listed by the US Dept of Labor
- Trade Schools – Learn more about career and technical colleges
- Washington Career Bridge
About: Apprenticeship is a system of education and training using a planned, closely supervised combination of hands-on, on-the-job training, and academic classroom-style education. City Light apprenticeships are paid positions designed to help those interested in skilled trades get the experience they need for a career in the electrical utility industry.
Apprenticeship programs are open to all candidates who meet our qualifications. Our goal is to have apprentices reflect the diversity of the greater Seattle area. We are dedicated to increasing the number of women and minorities in our apprenticeships while providing opportunities for all qualified applicants.
Benefits: Apprenticeships at City Light are full-time, paid positions, earning at least $34/hour to start, with wage step increases as you gain experience and knowledge. It also includes full medical, dental, and vision benefits offered to City of Seattle employees. As an apprentice, you receive on the job training, classroom instruction, and have the opportunity to take City and Union required exams upon program completion.
Online Career Events
Jobs for Clean Water:
Interested in jobs that protect human health and the environment? King County Wastewater Treatment Division is hosting two online career events to introduce teens to the variety of careers available that help keep our water clean. Professionals will be leading short sessions to share details about their job, their career story, and advice for getting hired. The sessions will be interactive and include time for youth to ask questions.
Each event will have different professionals attending so youth can participate in both events.
Pedal Heads Bike