WSHS 21-22 Winter Sports Announcement for Spectators.
Posted: | Updated:
WSHS 21-22 Winter Sports Announcement for Spectators
The Metro League is instituting capacity limits for gyms for winter sports between 25-50% of total capacity, except for swimming, in which no spectators are allowed.
· Basketball – Range from 25 – 50% of gym capacity depending upon the school
· Gymnastics – Range from no spectators to 50% gym capacity depending upon the school
· Boys Swimming – No spectators permitted (Per Seattle Parks Department policy)
· Wrestling – Range from no spectators to 50% gym capacity depending upon the school
General Spectator Rules for All Winter Sports:
o Spectators are required to purchase tickets
o Spectators must show proof of covid-19 vaccination
o Spectators should not arrive any sooner than 30 minutes prior to the start of the contest
o Spectators will be required to complete an attestation prior to entering any SPS facility
o Spectators are required to bring some form of identification
o Spectators must leave immediately after the conclusion of each contest
o Spectators are to sit in their guest pods to the extent possible and spacing of 6 feet apart
o Masks must be worn at all times
o No large bags will be allowed in the facility
Special Rules for Basketball:
In order to regulate capacity with the resources available to us, we will be implementing the following procedures and rules for attending upcoming girls and boys basketball competitions. Procedures for gymnastics and wrestling will come out in a separate notification.
· All players from both home and away teams and cheerleaders are allowed to designate 4 guests per player who will be able to purchase tickets at the gate. All spectators will need to purchase a ticket. The guest list does not guarantee entrance. All the above restrictions and the purchasing of a ticket will be required for all spectators on the players’ guest list. This list can be updated on a game to game basis. There are no in and out privileges. No re-admission.
· No general admission tickets will be available for the first week of the season(11/28-12/4). We will start the first week of the basketball season, 11/28-12/4 with the limit of 4 guests per player only. We will re-evaluate following this week to determine whether to release more tickets for students to attend. If we do allow more spectators, the remaining tickets will be for WSHS students first.
· The only “away” spectators or non-students who will be eligible for tickets are those who are on the players’ 4 person guest list.
· There will be no admission(ticket sales) available for anyone who is not already on a designated gate list through the 4 guests per player(for games 11/28-12/4) and if implemented following the first week of the season, an extended WSHS student list.