What? Smarter Balanced ELA testing in the library.
Who? Juniors who did not earn a 3 or 4 on the ELA SBA as sophomores or who never tested last year. Please note that even if a student “met” the lower WA state graduation requirements set at a high level 2 score, if they did not earn a 3 or a 4 they must test for federal accountability which affects our state, district, and local funding. Students are required to test.
- Juniors will be pulled from all 6 periods on up to 3 assigned days to take the test.
- Each junior has been assigned specific days (which will be communicated through their LA teacher).
- Report at 7:50am to the library on your assigned day.
- The test is designed to take 2-4 hours total. When a student finishes testing they will return to class. Students should bring their books and work to school as it is expected many will finish sometime the first day and return to class.
- 3/22, 3/24 and 3/25 – Brown, Finley, Ikehara LA students
- 3/28, 3/29 and 3/30- Rosen LA students
- 3/30, 3/31 and 4/1- Totorice, Hall, LaRiviere, Running Start students
Why? Class of 2017 and later must earn a passing score on the ELA SBA in order to graduate from WA state high school. This is a required test for graduation.
If you have any questions, please contact me via email. Please note that I will be proctoring the test daily and will not have regular access to email during school hours so response may be delayed.
Margot G. Maffucci
Academic Intervention Specialist & Principal Intern
West Seattle High School
3000 California Ave. SW Seattle, WA 98116